How to Download Vendor 1099s and Vendor W9s in Liquid
In Liquid, you can download your Vendors’ 1099 and Vendors’ W9 data in just a few steps.
It’s tax season, which means it’s time to send 1099s to all your vendors (assuming you collected W9s during your freelancer and vendor onboarding process). If you’ve been using Liquid, then you know how easy it is to set up a Scope of Work (SOW) and pay your vendors in our Freelance Management System (FMS). It also means that you can download your vendors’ W-9 forms and vendors’ 1099 data in just a few steps.
With this info in hand, you’ll be able to send out 1099s in no time.
We power the liquid workforce.
Download 1099 Data, W-9 Data, and W-8 Data in Liquid
- The first step in downloading your Vendor W-9 and Vendor 1099 data is selecting the Reports tab from the left menu options.
- In this view, you’ll see several different options for reports. These options vary depending on whether you are a hirer, vendor, or both.
- If you are a hirer, you’ll see a section called Taxes. Here you’ll find the downloadable reports for your Vendors’ W-9 Data, W-8 Data, and 1099 Data.
- When you click W9 Data, simply create a new password and press the “Download” button. This will download a password-protected, encrypted file of your Vendors’ W-9 data in Microsoft Excel format!
- When you click W8 Data, simply create a new password and press the “Download” button. This will download a password-protected, encrypted file of your Vendors’ W-8 data in Microsoft Excel format!
- When you click 1099 Data, select the tax year of your choice (usually the previous tax year), create a new password, and press the “Download” button. This will download a password-protected, encrypted file of your Vendors’ 1099 data in Microsoft Excel format! This data includes payments you’ve made on Liquid as well as payments you’ve manually marked as paid in Liquid.
- Congratulations, you’ve downloaded your files. Be sure to remember the passwords you’ve created for the 1099, W-9, and W-8 download files — or just follow these steps again to download a new file!
If you have invited additional users to help you manage your business on Liquid, they will only be able to view this sensitive tax data if they have been added with Administrator or Controller permissions.
Start using Liquid today to activate the liquid workforce — and tax season next year will be a breeze.
Category: Liquid News Finance and Accounting
Updated: January 6, 2021