How to verify your account on Liquid
To use all the features of Liquid, our banking partners require us to perform KYC (Know Your Customer) verification; here’s how it works.
Welcome to Liquid — a platform for contracts, projects, and payments to independent contractors, freelancers, vendors and suppliers. We support secure payments to 175+ countries worldwide in 2-3 business days.
Liquid works directly with banks who require us to perform KYC (Know Your Customer) verification as part of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) policies. KYC verification is a process where we verify the identity of a user and mitigate the potential risks of illegal intentions.
What documentation do I need to verify my account in Liquid?
We power the liquid workforce.
The documentation requested may vary but they may include:
- Certificate of Formation for business entity
- Articles of incorporation for business entity (or articles of organization for LLCs and LLPs)
- Entity registration for business entities incorporated in a state other than where they are located (if applicable)
- LLC Operating Agreement
- Corporate Bylaws
- Shareholder Agreement
- Documentation of the IRS-issued EIN
- Government-issued business license
- Partnership agreement
- Trust instrument
- List of all beneficial owners for business entity (full name, email address, physical address, EIN/SSN, % ownership)
- Government issued ID (via a partnership with Persona)
- Video selfie (via a partnership with Persona)
How do I verify my account in Liquid?
You will receive an email from our Legal and Compliance team requesting KYC documents to be submitted via a secure link.
Once you have submitted the required information, then Liquid can verify your business and resume payments to vendors from your account.
I still have questions about Liquid’s verification process
We are here to answer all your questions. Feel free to reach out via chat for any questions or help or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updated: January 26, 2021