International Payment Requests in Liquid
Here’s how to submit your request to make payments in specific countries (or as a vendor, how to submit your request to get paid in your local currency or in USD).
If you’ve been using Liquid, then you know it’s a great end-to-end solution for onboarding, managing, and paying your liquid workers. Liquid’s default onboarding process for engaging with vendors and freelancers includes Liquid’s master contract agreement, a Non-Disclosure Agreement, and the completion of an IRS Form W-9 (assuming your vendor is located in the United States). When working with international vendors, you can request that your international freelancers and foreign vendors submit an IRS Form W-8 to you in Liquid. Whether your vendors are domestic or foreign, Liquid makes it easy to agree to Work Orders and kick off projects.
Given that many of our users work with international vendors, we are updating Liquid to allow such payments!
We power the liquid workforce.
To start, you may submit a request to make payments to your foreign vendors by telling us which specific countries they are located in.
Your international freelancers and foreign vendors who are already using Liquid will be able to submit their own request to get paid in their local currency or in USD.
Request to Make Payments to Foreign Vendors and International Freelancers in Liquid
- You can make this request either on your Dashboard (as shown above) or in the International Payments subsection at the bottom of the Payment Methods section of Settings. In either case, the form is the same.
- Simply navigate to the “Select foreign countries” field and select a country.
- Navigate back to the “Select foreign countries” field and continue selecting all the countries that you’d like to send international payments to.
- Now, press Confirm.
- That’s it! We’ll be in touch after we activate your ability to make payments to each country.
Request to Receive International Payments in Liquid in Your Local Currency or in US Dollars
- First, verify that you have selected the country you are located in on the Business Address sub section of the Business Info section of Settings.
- The request to be paid directly in Liquid can be completed either on your Dashboard (as shown above) or in the International Payments subsection (below Receiving Bank Account) of the Get Paid section of Settings (as shown below). In either case, the form is the same.
- Simply select either “USD” or “My local currency.”.
- Now, press Confirm.
- That’s it! We’ll be in touch after we activate your ability to receive payments. At that time, you will need to provide additional information (such as SWIFT / BIC code, Bank Name, Bank Address, IBAN / Account number, Beneficiary Name, Beneficiary Address, Reference field, Remittance Information, etc) to connect your receiving bank to Liquid.
Start using Liquid today to activate the liquid workforce on the best end-to end platform for engaging with both domestic and international/foreign freelancers and vendors.
Updated: August 18, 2020