Clients: Work Order Details in Liquid
Liquid’s Work Order details view makes it easy to follow up on Work Orders, and review your Master Contract, Vendor finance details, and invoice history.
From the Work Orders section in Liquid, you can navigate to Work Order Details for specific Work Orders. Now that you’ve mastered sending Work Orders to your Vendors, here’s everything you need to know about Work Orders:
- Work Order Statuses
- Clone Work Orders
- How to accept Work Orders
- Send messages to your Vendors regarding Work Orders
- Review the Finance Details for the Vendor
- Review the Work Order Files
- Review your invoice history
We power the liquid workforce.
Work Order Status
Each Work Order has a status that is visible on each Work Order card on the Work Orders section in Liquid, as well as the detailed view for each Work Order:
- Active: these are Work Orders that have at least 1 deliverable that has been accepted by both parties. These may have deliverables that have not yet been accepted by both parties.
- Cancelled: Work Orders that have been Cancelled by either party. Work Orders can be cancelled if they have status Sent, Proposed, or Active but without invoices associated with it.
- Complete: Work Orders that been marked Complete by either party. Active Work Orders can be marked complete whether or not invoices have been associated with them.
- Draft: Work Orders that have not yet been sent to Vendors; these can be deleted.
- Proposed: Work Orders / Project Proposals that have been sent to you by your Vendors; you have not yet accepted any deliverables for these Work Orders. Once you accept one or more deliverables for a specific Work Order, the status will change automatically to Active.
- Sent: Work Orders that you have sent to your Vendors; your Vendors have not yet accepted any deliverables on these Work Orders. Once one or more deliverables have been accepted by your Vendor for a specific Work Order, the status will change automatically to Active.
- Complete: You can mark Active Work Orders as complete. Doing so will change the Work Order status to Complete.
Use the kebab (the three dots) on the upper right of Work Order cards to see the menu of available options for each Work Order. Depending on the status of the Work Order and whether Invoices have been received against the Work Order, the options displayed will vary.
Cloning Work Orders / Project Proposals
Regardless of the status of the Work Order, you can Clone the Work Order if you want to make a copy of an existing Work Order (including drafts). Work Orders that are not in draft status cannot be edited, so this feature is useful when there are changes that need to be made to the existing Work Order. Users also use this feature to use an existing Work Order as a template for a new Work Order.
To Clone a Work Order, press the kebab (the three dots) on the upper right of the existing Work Order card. Then, press Clone to open up the Create Work Order module with the details of the existing Work Orders pre-populated into this new draft Work Order. You can edit any of the fields in this new Work Order.
Accepting Work Orders / Project Proposals
Your Vendors can also send projects to you for approval, which you will see in the Work Orders section. Clicking on a project proposal from a Vendor will allow you to read through the Work Order / Project details, where you can then choose to approve deliverables individually.
Once deliverables are sent, sent timestamps will be listed at the bottom of each deliverable. These sent timestamps will state who sent the deliverable (the name of the person at the Client or Vendor who sent it) and the date and time it was sent.
As each deliverable is accepted, there will be an additional accepted timestamp on the bottom of each accepted deliverable. These accepted timestamps will state who accepted the deliverable (the name of the person at the Client or Vendor who accepted it) and the date and time it was accepted.
Sending Messages about Work Orders to your Vendors
From this detailed Work Order page, you can also send a message to the Vendor, letting them know if you’re approving all deliverables or if something needs to be changed or clarified. The Send Message button is located in the top portion of the detailed Work Order page. Once sent/received, all messages exchanged thru Liquid between you and your Vendor will appear in the Messages tab located below the Work Order. The Messages tab will include the sender name and message sent. Soon, this will also include the date and timestamp of the message.
Finance Details Tab
On the bottom of this detailed Work Order view is also a Finance Details tab. Listed on this tab are details about your relationship with your Vendor (details that are also accessible by clicking the Vendor card from the Vendor section). These include information about your Master Contract, Payment Terms, and other Finance Details.
Files Details Tab
On the bottom of this detailed Work Order view there is a Files tab. Listed on this tab will be Files and Links that you’ve uploaded or attached to the Work Order, as well as any Files and Links that your Vendor has uploaded or attached and chosen to share with you. You can delete Files/Links, as well as share any Files/Links that you uploaded or attached initially as Internal only Files/Links.
Invoice History Tab
Also included on this detailed Work Order view is an Invoice History tab, coming soon! Listed on this tab will be all invoices associated with this particular Work Order, regardless of the status of the Invoice — Ready to Pay, Rejected, Needs Processor Review, In Approvals, Payment Initiated, Payment Complete, etc.
Ready to try the fastest and easiest way to contract and pay your global, liquid workforce?
Updated: April 23, 2021